Sunday, May 10, 2009

Good-Bye Mr. Wonderful

I hope all you moms out there had the fantastic, over the top, amazing, relaxing Mother's Day you so rightly deserve!


Our family had a busy weekend! On Saturday a routine trip to the vet's office resulted in our little pomeranian chiuhahua mix going in for emergency surgery to remove ten large bladder stones. I saw the stones afterwards, they are the size of decorative pebbles. Baby is only 4 lbs! Most of that had to be the stones! They also found a bad bacterial infection in her bladder and blood, so they injected her with 3 different types of antibiotics... poor thing.

The cost for this emergency surgery I don't even want to talk about, let alone think about it! She's doing great, and we'll be able to pick her up later today. Of course, she also now needs to be on a special diet ($$$), on pain meds ($$$$), and antibiotics ($$$$). Sigh.


Over the weekend I was lucky enough to have my husband's alter ego, Mr. Wonderful show up, even if only for a couple of hours. Mr. Wonderful moved a new larger table into the kitchen for my crafting, helped me clean out the desk drawers behind me, and let me take over. Mr. Wonderful also let me sleep in on Mother's Day, and took the Little Monster to the park. Mr. Wonderful did not make it past 12:00 pm PST, on 5.10.09, as Mr. Cranky Pants came back with a vengence. Oh Mr. Wonderful how I miss you. When will you return?!


Before the Clean Up.....


After the Clean Up........................




On another note, here are some pictures of the tote I gave to my mom for Mother's Day.

Front....



Inside..........



Handles..........


I also made one slightly different for my other mom (my mother in law), but I can't find those pics right now (of course).

Well, I stayed up late last night to decompress from the monsterous arrivial of Mr. Cranky Pants and his antics for the remainder of the day, and even though I'm tired, I feel so much better. I chatted (read texted) with S for a long time, hahaha I think we keep each other up.

My project list for this week:

1. House Shoes for the Little Monster
2. Practice Applique Stitching

Not a lot, but I'm sure this will take up most of my time!

So Ladies (and perhaps gentlemen?), what's on your project to do list this week? Anything worth sharing?


What about you S?

Tha-tha-that's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers