Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Little Tenderness

"She may be weary,
Women do get weary, wearing the same shabby dress
And When she's weary, try a little tenderness

She may be waiting,
Just anticipating, things she may never possess
While she's without them
Try a little tenderness"

(Try A Little Tenderness, Michael Buble)

Well ladies, and gents that's how I've been feeling lately. And yes, you need to read between the lines in order to fully understand the beauty of the song. I am weary, I feel weighted down with all the inexplicable, unexplainable things that life throws at you. The last minute curve balls, that you never see coming.

It is a rather dour mood you find me in today. This morning I had news that my oldest cousin is in the ICU as his father could not wake him up this morning. He suffers from Myasthenia gravis, as his mother did, and also has some mental handicaps as well.

I feel rather depressed. Maybe it's too close together, losing my grandmother, and my cousin falling ill, too close together, and I find myself totally unprepared. Sometimes I feel lost amid the chaos of life, and I'm not sure what my next step will be, let alone where to put my foot.

I was texting Mrs. S this morning about how we need more romance in our lives. Actually, maybe just a little tenderness. Seriously....

Hmm... my mind is just wandering all over the place, and so is this post. I think I'll just sign off at this point, and leave you with the best part of the song............

"It's not just sentimental,
She has her grief and her cares,
But a word, so soft and gentle,
Makes it easier to bear

You won't regret it
Women don't forget it
Love is their whole happiness

And it's oh so easy
Try a little tenderness"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers