Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A funeral and a flight

It has been forever since my last post, and in the span of forever, I'm sure you can guess a lot has gone on!

Sad news first--> my grandmother passed away on June 16th. She was 92 and had numerous heath ailments so we all knew it was coming, but it was still a pretty big shock.

The next day, on June 17th, my husband, daughter and I got on a plane to Portland, Oregon, to help my sister (let's call her the Flower) get moved into an apartment because she starts school on July 6th! Originally it was supposed to be my parents going with her but with my grandmother's passing we had to step in and pitch hit at the last possible minute.

Yes, it was a small tornado of activities to get ready in one day's notice, and something I hope I never have to do again! Also did I mention my sister's boyfriend came with us?

The flight to Portland was ok. We took a puddle hopper from one major international airport to another major international airport, which required going to a separate terminal via bus, which is really fun to do while carrying a sleeping child, her backpack, your own bag, and keeping an eye on your husband, your sister and her boyfriend so you all make it to the same destination at the same time without getting lost, and so that you don't wake up the sleeping monster, and also so that the two lovebirds don't have time to find a spot to ahem, err, "nest" if you catch my drift. The flight from second said international airport to Portland much better, seeing as how we didn't have to walk onto the tarmac to get to the plane.

Getting the Flower moved in was Ok. It could have been much better, faster, and easier if her boyfriend had not been present. What else can you expect from two teenagers that are so desperately in love that one of them had to come and move the other one into their school apartment, other than absolute ridiculousness. They were soooo distracted, and sooooo wrapped up in themselves and their own little world, getting them to do anything was like getting my two year old to put her clothes on in the morning--- basically impossible. In the end, my husband, my poor Mr. Cranky Pants and I did the majority of the work while resisting the urge to throw both kids over the balcony.

After the Flower's boyfriend left, we all settled in a bit more, and really enjoyed Portland. It is so beautiful there! I would love to go back.

We flew back home on Saturday, this time non-stop and that was fun and easy. Since we've been back I've had a million things to do to get our lives back in order, and you know what, I haven't done one of them! Hahahaha. Ok but seriously I haven't. Just can't bring myself to do it, call it just got back from a last minute non vacation and I don't know what to do know itis.

I do have to got to work though, and as of Tuesday I lost my babysitters.... so the little monster has come with me to the office, which is ok since there's only three of us here anyway. She's been about as helpful as a two year old can be.

In other news, Mrs. S and family are coming to stay this weekend, and it will be so nice to catch up and have some fun! We're going to the fair!

Also, Happy Fourth of July!

Phew.... that's about as much catch up as I can come up with for today, back to our regularly scheduled programming tomorrow!


Mrs. R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers